Click On Image To Enlarge

LONGENECKER BROTHERS: John and Wendell Longenecker during a Christmas Season. (Photo submitted by John R. Longenecker)
Contributed by rkohler3 on 9/30/12 - Image Year: 1980

View Additional Photos and Comments


Wendell R. Longenecker, 66 of Milford Street, Port Royal, died at 10:20 a.m. Wednesday, September 16, 1992 at his home.

Born September 6, 1926 in Petersburg, he was the son of the late John P. and Hulda C. [Kurtz] Longenecker. His wife, Mary Lou [Aumiller] Longenecker, whom he married October 19, 1952, survives.

Also surviving are: children, Wendell R. Longenecker, Jr., Mark E. Longenecker, David J. Longenecker, Mrs. Kevin [Belinda] Page, all of Port Royal; brothers and sisters, John P. Longenecker, Port Royal, James H. Longenecker, Huntingdon RR, Charles W. Longenecker, Willoughby, OH, Eugene S. Longenecker, Jacksonville, FL, Sarah Carolus, Valley View Haven, Belleville, Mrs. Russell [Jane] Walters, Lewistown RR4; half sister, Marcia Carolus, Huntingdon RR; five granddaughters.

In his early life, he was an electrician and plimber for the former S. R. Bashore Hardware, Port Royal. He later owned and operated the former Aumiller’s Supermarket, Port Royal. He retired in 1988 from the port Royal Borough, where he was the sewage treatment plant and waterworks operator.

He was a veteran of World War II, having served in the European Theater in the U. S. Army.

He was a member of the Port Royal Presbyterian Church, the Union Lodge No. 324 F&AM, Mifflintown, and the Tall Cedars of Lebanon, Juniata Forest No. 88.

He was past commander of the American Legion Post No. 298.

He was also a life member and former fire chief of the Friendship Fire Company, Port Royal, was a charter member of the Port Royal Ambulance Club and was a member of the Port Royal Municipal Authority and the Waterworks Operators’ Association of Pennsylvania.

Services were held Saturday at the Rex Funeral Home, Port Royal, with Revs. Steven Nelson and Sharon Landis officiating. Interment was in the Old Church Hill Cemetery,

Photos & Additional Comments

Add a Photo/Commnent
Contributed by rkohler3 on 12/27/10 - Image Year: 1975
BUILDING HIGH SCHOOL MONUMENT: Wendell Longenecker and Charlie Naylor place the nameplate on the high school monument.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 12/27/10 - Image Year: 1975
BUILDING HIGH SCHOOL MONUMENT: Charlie Naylor and Wendell Longenecker show pride in the finished project.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 3/1/13 - Image Year: 1974
MONUMENT DEDICATION CEREMONY: Veterans participating in the dedication ceremony are: (l-r) Wendell Longenecker, Jack Niman, John Summers and Kenneth Esh.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 9/30/12 - Image Year: 1932
FIVE LONGENECKER BROTHERS: (l-r) WENDELL, Charles, John, James and Eugene. (Photo submitted by John R. Longenecker)

Website design by
JLConsulting Web Services