Fordings of the Juniata River
Click On Image To Enlarge
Contributed by rkohler3 on 8/15/19 - Image Year: 1820
FORDING THE JUNIATA RIVER - Before Perrysville (now Port Royal) was a village, a fording, located a short distance below the mouth of the Tuscarora Creek, was used by traffic going by way of St. Tammany's Town (now Old Port) westward through the Tuscarora Valley. From the time this county was settled this was a natural crossing place.
The second fording crossed the river, beginning on the east side a short distance below the house (known as the Book Farm), and came into Port Royal on Tuscarora Street. Later an approach was made to Milford Street.