Lumber Co. - Hower

Milford St.
Click On Image To Enlarge

Former offices of H C Hower Lumber Co.
Contributed by ray on 12/26/10 - Image Year: 2009

View Additional Photos and Comments

One of the oldest businesses in Port Royal, that remained in the same family down through the years, is the H. C. Hower Lumber Co. Henry Clay Hower and his brother, Elijah, established the Hower Lumber Co. in 1885 operating in Pennsylvania, Maryland and Virginia. The brothers operated this as a wholesale business until 1907 when H. C. bought out his brother's interest and the firm name became the H. C. Hower Lumber Co. In 1932 he bought a retail lumber business from Frank Wisehaupt which he operated in connection with his wholesale business until his death in 1944, when it was taken over by his sons, Dwight B. Hower Sr. and C. Wade Hower, who operated under the firm name of their father.

Photos & Additional Comments

Add a Photo/Commnent
Contributed by rkohler3 on 12/26/10 - Image Year: 1950
H. C. HOWER LUMBER COMPANY
Contributed by rkohler3 on 12/26/10 - Image Year: 1950
H. C. HOWER LUMBER COMPANY
Contributed by rkohler3 on 12/26/10 - Image Year: 1955
H. C. HOWER LUMBER COMPANY
Contributed by rkohler3 on 12/26/10 - Image Year: 2009
Former offices of H C Hower Lumber Co.
Contributed by rkohler4 on 12/26/10 - Image Year: 1955
H. C. HOWER LUMBER COMPANY
Contributed by rkohler3 on 3/6/13 - Image Year: 1929
ADVERTISEMENT from the 1929 PRHS Yearbook.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 3/13/13 - Image Year: 1949
ADVERTISEMENT from the 1949 TVHS Yearbook.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 3/14/13 - Image Year: 1953
ADVERTISEMENT from 1953 TVHS Yearbook.



Website design by
JLConsulting Web Services