104 North Fifth Street
Click On Image To Enlarge
Contributed by rkohler3 on 9/26/09 - Image Year: 2009
This building was used as a commercial property for most of the Twentieth Century.
William "Alvin" Leonard (1909 - 1944), and his wife Isabelle (Barton) Leonard (1916 - 1995) owned and operated this grocery store on the northeast corner of Market and Fifth Streets. Alvin was a son of Norman Blaine Leonard (1884 - 1949) and his wife Ida Viola (Rapp) Leonard (1886 - 1934).
John W. Isenberg (1917 - 2002) owned and operated Isenberg Heating, Plumbing and Frigidare Appliances. John was married to Rosa Telfer (1917 - 2009) and they had a daughter, Dixie. The family lived above the store.
Unsure when the property was turned into a residential unit. It appears that the front entrance has a Market Street address and the side entrance for the upper floor has a Fifth Street address.