416 Market Street
This building was build by Alvin Leonard who owned a grocery store on the other side of the street in the next block. The building has been used as a commercial property for most of the Twentieth Century. John W. Isenberg owned and operated Isenberg Heating, Plumbing and Frigidare Appliances. John was married to Rosa Telfer and they had a daughter named Dixie. The family lived above the store.
Unsure when the property was turned into a residential unit. It appears that the front entrance has a Market Street address and the side entrance for the upper floor has a Fifth Street address.
It appears that this building was built after 1928. The Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps show a building on this lot as early as 1889, however, its vertical axis ran parallel to Market Street rather than Fifth Street.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 2/18/11 - Image Year: 1941
Contributed by rkohler3 on 12/25/18 - Image Year: 1852
Contributed by rkohler3 on 5/24/14 - Image Year: 2007
Contributed by rkohler3 on 11/20/09 - Image Year: 1889
Contributed by rkohler3 on 11/20/09 - Image Year: 1904
Contributed by rkohler3 on 11/20/09 - Image Year: 1911
Contributed by rkohler3 on 11/20/09 - Image Year: 1928