410 Milford Street

Milford St.
Click On Image To Enlarge

This is how 410 Milford Street appeared in the Spring of 2009.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 9/22/09 - Image Year: 2009

View Additional Photos and Comments

This building was the floral shop and was attached as the front of the greenhouse that was torn down in 2009. Some of the owners of the floral business have been Floyd and Martha Bashore, Lester and Lou Summers, Jim and Sandy McClure, Dick and Linda Pray, and the Ramsey family.

At different times during the 1950s, Darwin Garrett and Charles "Sonny" McCahan each had an electrical shop at this location. And at one time it served as the home of Bashore's TV and Juniata Photo.

Barney Gray eventually purchased the building and Barney now conducts his Sprint Car Drop from this location. Barney gave the Bicentennial Committee permission to operate a store in the building before and during the bicentennial celebration.

In 2012 the building became the home of the offices of THE TIMES of Port Royal.

Based on the Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps, this building was built after 1928 because it did not appear on their map of that year.

Photos & Additional Comments

Add a Photo/Commnent
Contributed by rkohler3 on 10/13/09 - Image Year: 2010
This is a 1948 advertisement for Darwin Garrett as an electrical contractor. He operated out of 410 Milford Street because his father-in-law Floyd Bashore owned the property. Note the telephone numbers of only three or four digits. (Darwin is probably best known as the last principal of the Tuscarora Valley High School.)
Contributed by rkohler3 on 3/13/13 - Image Year: 1949
ADVERTISEMENT from the 1949 TVHS Yearbook.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 2/28/13 - Image Year: 1960
JUNIATA PHOTO SERVICE owned and operated by David Lee. Some of the greenhouse structures are visible on the right of the photo. (Photo submitted by Wayne Taylor)
Contributed by rkohler3 on 7/2/12 - Image Year: 2012
THE BICENTENNIAL STORE (Photo submitted by Jonathan Wert)
Contributed by rkohler3 on 5/15/12 - Image Year: 2012
The store, located at 410 Milford St., Port Royal, is now open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturdays and from 6 to 8 p.m. on Wednesdays. Items for sale in the shop include T-shirts, sweatshirt, pins, a Port Royal history book, a commemorative basket, ball caps, garden flags, decals, license plates and various types of bunting that residents can use to decorate their homes. Commemorative crocks are expected to be available at the store soon. (Sentinel photo by Jane Cannon Mort)
Contributed by rkohler3 on 10/13/12 - Image Year: 2012
Bicentennial Building [on loan from Barney Gray] at 410 Milford St in Port Royal PA on Sep 28, 2012. (Photo submitted by Harold Hartman, Jr.)
Contributed by kkint54 on 1/8/15
I remember McCahans Electric and Juniata Photo where in the building south of 410 Milford Street. - K Kint
Contributed by rkohler3 on 9/30/14 - Image Year: 2014
THE TIMES OFFICES BUILDING at 410 Milford Street as it appeared on Sept 26, 2014. The photo was taken and submitted by Harold Hartman, Jr. The current location is near The Times previous Port Royal location.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 5/23/14 - Image Year: 2007
MILFORD STREET: an aerial view of Milford Street between the intersections with Fourth and Fifth Streets as represented by Google Earth.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 11/21/09 - Image Year: 1889
This map shows the 400 block of Milford (North) Street as it appeared in 1889. This building didn't appear at that time.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 11/21/09 - Image Year: 1904
This map shows the 400 block of Milford (North) Street as it appeared in 1904. This building didn't appear at that time.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 11/21/09 - Image Year: 1911
This map shows the 400 block of Milford (North) Street as it appeared in 1911. This building didn't appear at that time.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 11/21/09 - Image Year: 1928
This map shows the 400 block of Milford (North) Street as it appeared in 1928. This building didn't appear at that time.



Website design by
JLConsulting Web Services