210 Milford Street

Milford St.
Click On Image To Enlarge

This is the eastern most part of 210 Milford Street and how it appeared in the Spring of 2009. It was this part of the site that hosted the grist mill, and coal yard.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 9/22/09 - Image Year: 2009

View Additional Photos and Comments

This site had a rich history because it was located on a siding of the Pennsylvania Railroad and near the terminal point of the Tuscarora Valley Railroad. At one time George B. M. Wisehaupt established a grain, coal and lumber business at this location.

Later it was owned by Horace Frazer (husband of Laura Wisehaupt), daughter of John and Mary Jane Wisehaupt. Later George Wisehauptís son Frank acquired the mill, then John Stake, then Charles Goodman and later John Anstine.

Also, part of this property included the H. C. Hower Lumber Company.

Believe that the property is currently (2009) owned by H. Wayne Haubert.

Photos & Additional Comments

Add a Photo/Commnent
Contributed by rkohler3 on 12/2/09 - Image Year: 1928
This map shows the 200 block of Milford (North) Street as it appeared in 1928. At that time the eastern end of this property contained a grain elevator and feed mill. The elevator and mill are represented as #5 on the map.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 9/22/09 - Image Year: 2009
This is the western most part of 210 Milford Street and how it appeared in the Spring of 2009 when it was listed to H. Wayne Haubert. These buildings included what was at one time the tin shop of Bashore's Hardware, the Adams Railway Express office and eventually the sales room and offices of the H.C. Hower Lumber Company.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 11/19/09 - Image Year: 1992
The Annlick Farm Supply Store (formerly the Adams Railway Express offices) on Milford St., looking west. Photo taken c. 1992 by George Pierson. (Photo submitted by George N. Pierson.)
Contributed by rkohler3 on 11/19/09 - Image Year: 1992
The Annlick Farm Supply Store (formerly the Adams Railway Express offices) on Milford St., looking east. Photo taken c. 1992 by George Pierson. (Photo submitted by Professor George N. Pierson.)
Contributed by ray on 8/14/10 - Image Year: 1920
Adams Express Notification Card
Contributed by rkohler3 on 12/2/09 - Image Year: 1889
This map shows the 200 block of Milford (North) Street as it appeared in 1889. The two buildings on the eastern half of the property are represented as #6 and #7 on the map. In 1889 they served as a Marble Works and Bicycle Shop.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 12/2/09 - Image Year: 1900
This is a photo of a barrel peddler on Milford Street headed toward the railroad crossing. The Marble Works of A. V. Hombach and Son can be seen in the background. It is the building that also served as the Ames Railway Express Office and the Hower Lumber Mill Office.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 12/2/09 - Image Year: 1904
This map shows the 200 block of Milford (North) Street as it appeared in 1904. The two buildings on the eastern half of the property are represented as #6 and #7 on the map. In 1904 they served as a Marble Works and Bicycle Shop.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 12/2/09 - Image Year: 1911
This map shows the 200 block of Milford (North) Street as it appeared in 1911. The two buildings on the eastern half of the property are represented as #6 on the map. In 1911 the buildings were combined and used as the Adams Railway Express Office.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 12/2/09 - Image Year: 1928
This map shows the 200 block of Milford (North) Street as it appeared in 1928. The two buildings on the eastern half of the property are represented as #6 and #7 on the map. They were being used as a Mill Work Office and a Farm Machinery Office.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 2/15/10
As to your post on 210 Milford Street. You state that John Stake owned it then Charles Goodman. It was purchase by both. It was called Goodman & Stake Mill. Then John Stake sold his share out to Charles Goodman. Thats when it became Goodmans Mill. I know this due to I am John E. Stake's Granddaughter. Sincerely Loretta (Stake) Allen



Website design by
JLConsulting Web Services