508 Main Street

Main St.
Click On Image To Enlarge

This is how 506 and 508 Main Street appeared in the Spring of 2009 when it was listed to Kay Benner and Donald Oberlin.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 9/15/09 - Image Year: 2009

This is a large double house. The right side of the house was owned by the Gilson family for an extended period of time. Ralph D. and his wife "Myrtle" Gilson operated the Port Royal Dairy from the back of this house until they sold the business and a new dairy building was constructed on Milford Street.

This house was built between 1911 and 1928 because it did not exist on the Sanborn Fire Insurance Map of 1911 but was on their 1928 map.

House conveyed from Kay Benner to Revecca J. Colyer in Fall of 2009.

Photos & Additional Comments

Add a Photo/Commnent
Contributed by adamgilson on 9/19/09
In this view, it would be the left side that was owned by the Gilson family for a long time ... until 1999, when Ralph M. "Bud" Gilson passed.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 5/21/14 - Image Year: 2007
MAIN STREET: an aerial view of the middle section of Main Street between Fifth and Sixth Streets as represented by Google Earth.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 11/19/09 - Image Year: 1889
This map shows the 500 block of Main (Middle) Street as it appeared in 1889. This house did not exist at that time.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 11/19/09 - Image Year: 1904
This map shows the 500 block of Main (Middle) Street as it appeared in 1904. This house did not exist at that time.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 11/19/09 - Image Year: 1911
This map shows the 500 block of Main (Middle) Street as it appeared in 1911. This house did not exist at that time.
Contributed by rkohler3 on 11/19/09 - Image Year: 1928
This map shows the 500 block of Main (Middle) Street as it appeared in 1889. This house is represented as #8 on the map.



Website design by
JLConsulting Web Services